Biotechnology and Microbiology for Environmental Sustainability WF-OB-AUGUSTMICRO-ER
Semestr letni 2019/20
Informacje o zajęciach (wspólne dla wszystkich grup)
|Zaliczenie:||Zaliczenie na ocenę|
1. Margesin R, Schinner F. (eds.). 2005. Manual of Soil Analysis. Monitoring and Assessing Soil Bioremediation. Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
2. Maier R.M., Pepper I.L., Gerba C.P. 2009. Environmental Microbiology. 2nd edition. Academic Press.
3. Atlas R., Bartha R. 1998. Microbial ecology. Fundamentals and applications. Longman.
4. Alef K., Nannipieri P. 1995. Methods in Applied Soil Microbiology and Biochemistry.1st Edition. Academic Press.
5. Petre M. (ed.) 2013. Environmental Biotechnology - New Approaches and Prospective Applications. InTech.
6. Paul E.A. 2015. Soil Microbiology, Ecology and Biochemistry, 4th Edition. Academic Press.
|Metody i kryteria oceniania:||
Lectures and exercises complement each other. Generally, exercises and lectures are conducted alternately, every other week. Depending on the nature of the exercises (e.g. time-consuming), they can be carried out for two or three weeks.
- attendance - are allowed three unexcused absences. You are expected to attend every class. Because there is no extra time in the semester, missed labs cannot be made up.
- activity on the Moodle (e-learning) platform - solving quizzes and tasks. Quizzes and tasks placed on the e-learning platform must be systematically supplemented and solved.
- reports of practical exercises. Within 2 weeks after all the data from experiment has been collected, you must submit a Lab Report on e-learning platform.
- Final test (consisting of 30 test questions)- only students with all accepted Lab Reports will be admitted to the final test
- Final evaluation (average) includes an assessment of the final test and evaluation of the activity on the e-learning platform (tests and quizzes solved for min. 85% - 5 (very good), from 84% to 75% - 4 (good), from 74% to 50% - 3 (sufficient), less than 49% - 2 (unsufficient))
1. Introduction to microbiology and biotechnology - application of microbiological processes and biotechnology in environmental protection; the perspectives of development of microbiology and biotechnology, the use of biotechnology in medicine, agriculture, food industry, pharmaceutical industry and the protection the environment.
2. The micro-organisms in biotechnology -diversity of microorganisms - viruses, bacteria, actinomycetes, fungi.
3. Basic research methods in microbiology and biotechnology
4. Introduction to soil, water, air and food microbiology.
5. Enrichment, isolation and counting of microorganisms in different habitats.
6. Activity of microbial enzymes and their use in biotechnology and assessment of the state of the environment
7. Utlilization of microorganisms as biological control agents
Informative (conventional) lecture with multimedia presentation - passing specific content and as an introduction to exercises in the form of continuous, systematized speech, taking into account specific terminology.
Laboratory (experiment) - students individually or in pairs carry out experiments to study a phenomenon. The main element of the each experiment is the preparation of samples for analysis, conducting the experiment, description of the results and drawing conclusions.
co drugi poniedziałek (parzyste), 13:15 - 14:45,
||Anna Augustyniuk-Kram, Maciej Sierakowski||1/5||szczegóły|
Wszystkie zajęcia odbywają się w budynku:
Właścicielem praw autorskich jest Uniwersytet Kardynała Stefana Wyszyńskiego w Warszawie.